AT&T Store Auburn Auburn
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Monday||9:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Tuesday||9:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Wednesday||9:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Thursday||9:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Friday||9:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Saturday||9:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Sunday||11:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
For our store experience, we're creating an environment that is flexible and comfortable for everyone by:
✓ Increasing store cleaning and sanitization protocols
✓ Adapting to social distancing guidance for inside store and curbside service
✓ Offering curbside services at select AT&T stores
✓ Providing additional touchless options
Special offers on your favorite phones
iPhone SE (2020)Learn how to get the new iPhone SE (2020) for $5/mo. Req's new line, qualifying installment with elig. unlimited plan.
Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5GLearn how to switch to AT&T & get up to $700 in bill credits when you buy the new Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G online plus trade-in of eligible smartphone, add a new line, & qualifying installment & unlimited data plans.
iPhone 11 Pro MaxLearn how to switch to AT&T & get up to $700 in bill credits when you buy an iPhone 11 Pro Max online plus trade-in of eligible smartphone, add a new line, & qualifying installment & unlimited data plans.
Google Pixel 4Learn how to get an Google Pixel 4 64GB for $5/mo. When you buy on a qualifying installment plan with elig. unlimited plan (min. $75/mo. before discounts).
LG V60 ThinQ 5GLearn how to get the LG V60 ThinQ 5G for $10/mo. When you buy on a qualifying installment plan with elig. unlimited plan (min. $75/mo. before discounts). Req's new line.
AT&T PREPAID iPhone SE (2020)Get the iPhone SE 64GB for $349.99 + $50 toward account. Limited time. Online only. First mo. svc. charge & applicable sales tax due at sale. Excludes upgrades. New customers will receive a $50 account credit after purchase and account activation. Other fees, charges & restr's apply.
About the Auburn Store
- Cell Phones
- Wireless Plans and Setup
- Phone Activations
- Device Upgrade
- Device Protection
- TV & Entertainment
- Bill Pay and Setup
- Small Business Solutions
Cellphones, plans & accessories
AT&T PREPAIDExperience the freedom of AT&T PREPAID with plans that allow you to pay for usage in advance without tying you up in a long-term contract. Get unlimited talk & text in the U.S. and the data you need with no annual contract, no credit check, free shipping, and no activation fee for online orders. Shop AT&T prepaid phones for the premium brands you love or bring your own (BYOD) compatible device.
POPULAR SMARTPHONESWhen you are ready for a new phone, AT&T makes it easy. You’ll find everything from the latest feature-rich smartphones to devices for mostly texting and calling. Choose from the most popular brands like Apple, Samsung, LG, and more. Order online and get free shipping, pick up at your nearest store, or get free same-day delivery in select ZIP codes.
ACCESSORIESAT&T has the accessories you need to style & protect your devices. Rugged phone cases & sleek phone covers, chargers & batteries to keep you powered up, and speakers, headphones & headsets to keep you connected to your favorite audio, and more. Get free shipping, free returns, and in-store pickup – just order online by 4pm and it’ll be ready within two hours.
What our customers are saying
- July 9, 20195 out of 5Bryan was extremely helpful, funny and very patient. I would highly recommend this store if you need anything.
- March 22, 20191 out of 5Went into the store on a Friday at 3:20pm, there were two employees in the store both occupied with other customers. When I walked in no one acknowledged that I had walked in, no someone will be right with you or anything. I proceeded to wait at the counter for 5 minutes before sitting at a ottoman near the counter. A employee for Samsung acknowledged me and apologized. It took 25 minutes for an employee to come help me. I needed to file an insurance claim, he referred me to the asserion website. I asked him if he could just verify that I was indeed insured and he more or less just rushed me out the door even though the lobby was empty. I got home and called asserion to which they said I needed to contact att and my line was uninsured (complicated issue my line should’ve been insured but a mix up occured when we got the phones and things got fixed, would’ve been nice to fix IN PERSON). anywho the customer service in this store sucks and I will drive out of my way to not have to go in there again.
- March 8, 20195 out of 5Store wasnt busy. Got help quickly and the man that helped me was very helpful.
- March 4, 20195 out of 5My wife and I came into your Auburn store to separate our AT&T cell phone bill. It was a rather sensitive subject because my wife just filed for divorce, but the representative who worked with us was very patient, graciously professional, and made the transaction very comfortable. He did an excellent job! I could not have asked for a better experience.
- February 21, 20191 out of 5I took my phone in to the store where I bought it this morning. The same store where my wife and I set up our "friends and family" account. My phone would no longer take a charge or run off external power. Throughout the entire visit the employee who assisted me came across like I was wasting his time. He didn't smile once, he criticized the power cord and outlet adapter I brought in to assist him in diagnosing the problem with my phone saying "this isn't the power unit your phone came with". He clarified that this cord just wouldn't charge as fast as the one that came with the phone and that was about the only difference. But it was important enough to him to make an issue of it. I keep various cords and power adapters throughout the house... it's nonsense thinking that all of those would be original equipment. He tried using an air blast can to clear out the charging port, then put my phone on a wireless charger which pointed to the charging port as the problem. He told me he could see in the paperwork I brought him, not something he looked up in the stores system, that I had insurance, He gave me a card and told me to contact the insurance claim people by using the information on the card. When I got home I discovered the contact information he had given me involved making a phone call to a toll free number.Me... the one without a phone.I finally located this company online using my laptop and still couldn't get any resolution because I apparently need some secret, I may have only used it once, passcode from AT&T.This larger 10 device plan that my phone is part of is not under my name... it's under my son-in-laws name, my son-in-law who is also on the plan. I'm getting really fed up with being told that I don't have access to the account and therefore I can't be helped. I said, "I have to be the name on the account for you to help me get my phone working again?" He said yes. He plainly wasn't interested in helping me and I can across. So now I'm still without my phone, my GPS, my address book, my text messaging and now I'm thinking I see no reason to stay with AT&T after I'm released from my contract obligations.