If you’re having problems streaming AT&T TV, chances are it’s because of a weak internet signal. Make sure you have the suggested internet speeds
If you aren’t sure of your internet speed, test it now
.Improve your Wi-Fi signal
These tips can improve your Wi-Fi®
connection and streaming experience.
Connect Ethernet-equipped devices
- Move your Wi-Fi gateway or router to a central location in your home.
- Keep your Wi-Fi equipment off the floor. Place it on an elevated surface, such as a desk or shelf.
- Make sure you don’t place your Wi-Fi equipment near stereos, speakers, or phones. These may cause interference.
- Keep your Wi-Fi equipment out of the kitchen. Metal objects and microwaves can affect the signal.
- See how many devices are connected to your Wi-Fi network. Each device shares some of your network connection. The more devices you add, the less network is available for each one.
You get the best signals when you use an Ethernet cable to connect devices directly.
Restart your home network
- Turn off your TV device.
- Plug an Ethernet cable into your router or gateway and the other end into your device.
- Turn on your TV device and restart AT&T TV.
Connection issues can slow down your streaming speed. One way to fix this problem is to reset your network. Just follow these steps:
Use default settings
- Shut down your mobile device or TV device.
- Unplug your gateway or router from its power source. Wait for at least 30 seconds.
- Plug in your gateway or router and wait for it to power up.
- Turn on your mobile device or TV device and restart AT&T TV.
Instead of using custom device connections, try the default settings.
Try another way to connect
- If you use a Virtual Private Network (VPN), disable it and connect to your home internet.
- When you have a custom DNS setting, reset your device, and restore the default DNS setting.
Having trouble accessing the AT&T TV app on your mobile device? Your home network might be causing the problem. Try using a different Wi-Fi network that’s within range of your device. Or, use your device’s cellular data to watch AT&T TV.
Have AT&T Internet too? Learn how to optimize your connection