Watch TV or stream shows
- Be sure that your show has finished recording and you're connected to a Wi-Fi® network.
- Open the DIRECTV App and tap Watch Your DVR.
- Choose On DVR and pick any fully recorded show or movie from your DVR playlist.
- Select the down arrow to start downloading the show or movie to your device.
- Tap My downloads and choose the show you want to watch.
Want to speed up your download time for an entire series? Open the series and check Download Series
. All new episodes recorded to your DVR will be ready for quicker downloads.
- Open the DIRECTV App and tap menu .
- Choose or select Browse for TV and make sure your receiver is listed in the menu. If it’s not, you’ll need to connect your receiver to your home internet or another HD receiver.
- To start watching TV on your device, tap your device type at the top, choose Watch Live TV or Watch Your DVR, and then select a program to watch.
- Be sure to connect your device to the same Wi-Fi as your DVR receiver.
- Can’t connect your device to your home DVR? Not a problem! You can instantly watch most live TV, movies, and shows from your programming networks.