Try the troubleshooting steps below only if you're seeing a black, blue, or gray screen, or the No Signal
error message without the DIRECTV logo. Check your TV Input
- Turn your TV and receiver off and back on.
- On your Universal remote control, press TV Input (press Input if you are using a Genie remote) to cycle through TV inputs (component, HDMI, etc.) until you see a picture.
- If nothing happens when you press the button, try programming your DIRECTV remote to control your TV Input and try again.
- If you're still having issues, check the cable used to connect your receiver to your TV.
Reset your receiver
On some DIRECTV receivers there is a red
reset button located inside the access card door on the front panel. Press the button and wait for your receiver to reboot.
If you cannot locate the red reset button or your receiver does not have one:
- Unplug the receiver's power cord from the electrical outlet.
- Wait 15 seconds then plug it back in.
- Press Power on the front panel of your receiver and wait for your receiver to reboot.