Follow the steps below to program your DIRECTV Genie or HD DVR to record any movie or show that's in your programming package, at home or on the go.Note:
To program your DVR remotely, you'll need a Genie or HD DVR (model R15 or later; model HR20 or later; or a TiVo Series 2 receiver with 6.4a software). You can find out what receiver model you have by pressing and holding INFO
on your remote. Program your Genie or HD DVR from your computer
- Sign in to DIRECTV Entertainment on your computer.
- Select Watch on TV.
- Use the Program Guide or search to find the show you want to record.
- Select Record to TV.
Program your Genie or HD DVR from your smartphone or tablet
- If you haven't already done so, install the free DIRECTV app from iTunes or Google Play.
- Open the DIRECTV app on your mobile device.
- Tap Browse for TV.
- Tap Record to TV. If you selected a series, you will have the option to record a single episode or the entire series.
- Select the DVR you want to record to and tap Record.