Don't miss your favorite programs! You can set your DVR to record any movie or show in the guide, as long as the channel is included in your subscription package. Heads up:
To program your DVR with your computer or the app, you must have a Genie® or HD DVR (model R15 or later; model HR20 or later; or a TiVo Series 2 receiver with 6.4a software). You can find out your receiver model by pressing and holding INFO
on your remote.
Using your DIRECTV remote
When you find a title you want to record, press the R on your remote to schedule it. Note:
Live broadcasts and sporting events may not end at the scheduled time. You have the option to extend the recording time by up to 3 hours.
To watch recordings
To manage recordings
- Press LIST on your remote to access your playlist.
- Choose your recording and press SELECT to watch it.
- Press MENU on your remote.
- Go to Recordings and select View Playlist.
- Select Manage Recordings.
Using a computer to schedule recordings
- Upcoming Recordings manages scheduled recordings.
- Series Manager prioritizes your recordings to avoid conflicts.
- Recording History tracks all recordings on the DVR.
- Purchase History tracks all purchases on the DVR.
- Typical Recording Preferences sets preferences (First Run, Repeats) for one-touch recording.
- Playlist Share Settings shares or hides recordings from other DVRs in your home.
- Sign in to DIRECTV Entertainment on your computer.
- Select Watch on TV.
- Use the Program Guide or search to find the show you want to record.
- Select Record to TV.
Using your smartphone or tablet to schedule recordings
If you haven't already done so, install the free DIRECTV App from iTunes
or Google Play
- Open the DIRECTV App on your mobile device.
- Tap Browse for TV.
- Tap Record to TV. If you selected a series, you'll have the option to record a single episode or the entire series.
- Select the DVR you want to use and tap Record.