We want your installation to be as stress-free as possible. If something comes up, it’s easy to reschedule online by checking your order status
. Or, contact us
- If you chose to get text alerts, we’ll send you a reminder text on the day of your appointment. Learn how to change your text message preferences and other privacy options
- You can confirm your installation appointment details by checking your order status. Or, check your email calendar if you used a compatible calendar app when you placed your order. On the day of your appointment, you can use our Tech Tracker tool to view your tech’s location info. Plus, your tech will call you when they're on the way.
- The tech will activate your service and show you how to use your new equipment.
- If you're a renter, complete the Landlord Approval Form (PDF, 107KB). This gives us permission from your landlord or homeowner association (HOA) to install DIRECTV.
- Getting new TV service? Make sure have a TV and active internet or phone service in place. Your tech can only complete your installation if you have a TV set in your home. If you ordered an HD DVR, your tech will connect it to the internet at no extra charge.
- Our techs can't move TVs or furniture, so make sure wall outlets and other areas are easy to access.
- Provide easy access to your roof or balcony. For the best reception, DIRECTV dishes require a clear view of the southern sky. The dish is usually best installed on the side of your house or near the roof line.
- It takes about 5 hours to complete the installation. Someone over the age of 18, who is authorized to make decisions, must be present.
Sometimes your tech may have to do specialized work that costs extra. Examples are changing telephone lines, audio or visual equipment, extra equipment, and cabling. The tech will give you a Custom Work Rate Sheet explaining the work and cost. After you review and sign, you'll pay the tech directly. You won't see these charges on your AT&T bill.Phone features
You can also get On-Screen Caller ID and order Pay Per View by phone. Make sure you have a phone jack with an active land-based phone line near your TV for both. To use On-Screen Caller ID, sign up for caller ID with your service provider.Welcome to DIRECTV!
Find out how to manage your account and watch DIRECTV on your devices at the DIRECTV Welcome Center
. Want to opt in or out of getting certain messages from us? Learn how to change your text message preferences and other privacy options