There are a few ways to reset your receiver. You can press the reset button, unplug it, or restore it to factory settings.Method 1: Press the reset button
- Locate the reset button. On most DIRECTV receivers, there is a small red button located inside the access card door. With others, the button is on the side of the receiver.
- Press the red button, then wait for your receiver to reboot.
To reset a Genie Mini you need to restart the main Genie too. Resetting your DIRECTV Genie and Genie Mini restores local channels. Method 2: Unplug your receiver
- Unplug your receiver's power cord from the electrical outlet, wait 15 seconds, and plug it back in.
- Press the Power button on the front panel of your receiver. Wait for your receiver to reboot.
Method 3: Restore your receiver to factory settings
Customized preferences, playlists, and favorites are all removed with this method.
- Press and hold the blue DIRECTV power button on the front of your receiver.
- Release after twenty seconds.
If you’re still having trouble, try refreshing your service. Go to My Equipment & Features
and select Refresh my service
. A brief service interruption occurs as the service reboots. Contact us
if you’re still experiencing issues.