Press and hold down the number 1
on your Universal or Genie remote. If you don't see a green light, it's time to change the batteries.
Follow these steps to change the batteries in your remote:
- Turn your remote control over and remove the battery cover.
- Take out the old batteries. If you are having trouble lifting the batteries out, try using a small screwdriver for leverage.
- Insert two new AA batteries and close the battery cover. If possible, use batteries from the same pack.
- Press and hold any button. If you see a solid green light at the top of your remote, that means the batteries are working.
- Press the GUIDE or MENU button on your remote to return to enjoying DIRECTV.