Below is the most common way to program a Genie remote. If these steps don’t work for you, follow the next set of steps to program a remote manually.
- Point the remote at your Genie HD DVR, Genie Mini, or Wireless Genie Mini.
- Press and hold the MUTE and ENTER buttons. Stop when the green light at the top of the remote blinks twice.
- When the TV screen displays Applying IR/RF setup, you are in RF mode and ready to program the remote.
- Power on the device you want your remote to control.
- Press MENU on your remote.
- Select Settings > Remote Control > Program Remote.
- Select the device you wish to control with the remote.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete programming.
The DIRECTV remote powers on your TV and controls the volume while watching DIRECTV. To adjust TV settings or access third-party apps, use the remote control that came with your TV.