DIRECTV’s Smart Search lets you enter the name of a movie, show, actor, sports team or channel, and then displays results right on the screen. The more you use the DIRECTV Smart Search feature, the smarter it gets. It'll save all your recent searches to help you find what you're looking for the next time you want it.
Want to find something on TV, but don't remember how to spell it? No problem. Smart Search knows what you're looking for and can interpret misspellings and nicknames, returning only the results you want.
DIRECTV Smart Search is available to customers who have HD DVR Receivers (model HR20 and above) as well as a DVR Receiver (model R22).
Press the DASH
(-) button on your remote control to launch Smart Search. Or follow these steps:
- Press MENU on your remote.
- Choose Search, then press SELECT.
- A keypad displays as well as suggested search items highlighting new shows and movies based on what's trending.
- Use the arrow buttons to navigate the keypad and press SELECT. Results appear as you enter the first letter of your search term. Press the red button at any time to start the Keyword Search.
- Select your title for viewing and recording options. You’ll also find detailed cast info and additional recommendations.