Did you get this error message? Learn what to do and how to prevent your receiver from overheating.
INSTRUCTIONS & INFO
Why you get this error
If your receiver detects a high internal temperature, you’ll get this message: Your receiver is too hot and needs to cool down. Clear any obstructed air vents. The receiver will shut itself off if it continues to overheat.
This may happen if your receiver:
• Has blocked vents
• Is stacked on top of or under other electronic devices
• Is on a soft surface that insulates and traps heat
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What do I do to cool off my DIRECTV receiver?
How can I keep my DIRECTV receiver from overheating?