Naming each receiver location makes managing settings easier in your Whole-Home network. Update using your remote
Sign in and update the receiver’s name online
- Go to your HD DVR and press MENU on your remote control.
- Select Settings > Whole-Home > Name Location.
- Go to each receiver in your network and repeat steps 1-2.
Follow these steps to find the access card number for your receiver and then sign in to change the name.
- Press the MENU button on your remote control.
- Select Settings > Info & Test.
- Write down the number for the access card and the location of the receiver.
- Sign in to your Account Overview.
- Select My DIRECTV > Manage Package.
- Scroll to the Manage receivers area and select Name receivers.
- Select the receiver to update and follow the steps to change the location name.