- Connect the antenna splitter to the power adapter using the mini-USB cable from your kit and plug it in to an outlet.
- Use the coaxial cable to connect the antenna to the local channel connector.
- Plug the local channel connector’s USB into your receiver’s USB port.
- Insert the local channel connector power adapter into the connector.
- Plug the power adapter into an outlet that isn’t controlled by a wall switch.
- The LED light on the USB plug should come on.
- The New Over-the-Air Tuner Found message shows on your TV screen.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete setup.
Once connected, your connecter will pick up the local channels available in your location. You can:
- Tune in to your local channels to watch their programming.
- Watch or record up to 2 live local channels at the same time.
Want to set up later? No problem! On your remote, press Menu
. Then, select Settings
and Sat & Antenna
Looking for more installation help? Look for info in your antenna package or online
. Or, you can contact Winegard
.Good to know:
You can’t use On Demand features when using the antenna, and you can’t access local channels with the DIRECTV Everywhere app.
Troubleshoot common connector issues
Can’t connect to your local channels?
If installation gets stuck or you have missing channels, restart your receiver and perform the setup again. Using your remote:
- Press Menu and then select Settings.
- Scroll to Sat & Antenna and press OK.
- Select Over-the-air Antenna Setup and then Start Setup.
For more troubleshooting tips, check out the Local Channel Connector Guide (PDF, 1MB)