Find your favorite shows, change channels, and more using only your voice with Alexa. Get the Alexa app at no extra cost.1
Be sure you have:
- DIRECTV satellite service with an Internet-connected Genie device
- An Amazon Alexa device like an Echo, Dot, or Tap
Access your Alexa account
Sign in to the Alexa website
or download the Alexa app.
You can get the Alexa app on Android (version 4.4 or higher), iOS (version 8.0 and higher), and Fire OS (version 2.0 or higher). Find it in Google Play
, the Apple app store
, or the Amazon app store
Set up the Alexa skill for DIRECTV
- Make sure your Alexa device and DIRECTV device are connected to the Internet by pressing the right arrow twice on your DIRECTV remote. If the DIRECTV interactive TV app list appears, you’re connected.
- Go to the Alexa app or the Alexa website.
- Do one of the following:
- In the Alexa app, tap the Menu icon, then Music, Video, & Books, and then DIRECTV.
- On the Alexa site, choose Music, Video, & Books, then DIRECTV.
- In either the Alexa app or on the Alexa site, select Skills, then Search, and then enter DIRECTV to find the skill.
- Choose Enable Skill and follow the prompts. If you have multiple accounts, select DIRECTV.
- Select Finish Setup and let Alexa find your nearby DIRECTV device(s). This can take up to 20 seconds.
- Pick the DIRECTV device you want to set up. Find out which DIRECTV device you have.
- Choose 1 or more Alexa devices to use with the selected DIRECTV device.
- Select Set up a DIRECTV Device to connect another DIRECTV device to a different Alexa device. Or, use the back button to return to your DIRECTV settings.
You can use more than 1 Alexa device to control a single TV (i.e., a single DIRECTV device). But you can’t use 1 Alexa device to control multiple TVs (i.e., multiple DIRECTV devices).
You can also get the DIRECTV skill and find more details on Amazon
.See all important details