- Update the configuration of your DSL modem for Bridge Mode. For instructions for your specific AT&T modem, refer to How to set up home networking and enable bridge mode.
- Turn the power to your computer and DSL modem OFF, and disconnect the Ethernet cable from your computer.
- Connect the Ethernet port of your DSL modem to the WAN or Internet port on your router using an Ethernet cable.
- Connect one of the Ethernet ports on your router to the Ethernet port on your computer using another Ethernet cable. Your final setup should look something like this:
- Turn the power to both your DSL modem and your router ON.
- Turn the power to your computer ON.
The following steps will vary by router manufacturer:
- Open a Web browser and access the router's user interface, according to the manufacturer's instructions. This is typically done by entering the router's IP address, like 192.168.1.254, into your browser's address bar.
- Within the router's User Interface, select Internet Connection type PPPoE.
- Enter your DSL Network Username and Password, and save your settings. If you don't know your DSL Network password, learn how to reset it.
Your username is the same as your primary AT&T email address (e.g., email@example.com). Congratulations, you should now be connected to the Internet! Note:
AT&T Tech Support does not support non-AT&T provided routers. Please contact the manufacturer of your router for further assistance.