You can use these steps to update your DSL modem configuration for Bridge Mode. For specific AT&T modem instructions, learn how to set up home networking and enable bridge mode
- Turn off your computer and DSL modem, then disconnect the Ethernet cable from your computer.
- Connect an Ethernet cable between the Ethernet port of your DSL modem and the WAN or Internet port on your router.
- Connect another Ethernet cable between one of the Ethernet ports on your router to an Ethernet port on your computer. Final setup should look something like this:
- Turn your DSL modem and router on.
- Turn your computer on.
These steps vary by router manufacturer:
- Open a web browser and access the router's user interface, according to the manufacturer's instructions. This is typically done by entering the router's IP address, like 192.168.1.254, into your browser's address bar.
- For router's User Interface, select Internet Connection, enter PPPoE, your DSL network username, and password.
- Save your settings.
You should now be connected to the Internet.Important:
AT&T Tech Support only supports routers from AT&T. For more help, contact your router’s manufacturer.