A subaccount is a Member ID email address set up under the account owner’s primary Member ID. Only the account owner can create and manage subaccounts. For example, the account owner would have a primary Member ID email and their spouse or children would have subaccount Member ID emails.
- You can have up to 20 subaccounts under your primary Member ID email. Only 10 can be active at one time.
- You can't delete subaccounts, but you can disable them.
- Subaccount users can manage phone features, get product support, and chat with an agent.
- The Member ID email for a subaccount won’t appear on the bill.
- You’re required to complete a few extra steps if you create a subaccount for a child under the age of 13.
If you created a free AT&T email account after June 12, 2011, and you're not an AT&T Internet or DSL customer, you can't create subaccounts.