: This article applies to AT&T local home phone service
. Don't have traditional phone service? Select Voice service
or wireless service
.Anonymous Call Rejection (*77)
intercepts calls from people who have used a blocking feature to prevent their name or number from being provided to people they call. When Anonymous Call Rejection is activated, callers hear a message telling them to hang up, unblock delivery of their phone number and call again. Your phone will not ring unless the caller removes the block.
|Turn On Anonymous Call Rejection||Pick up the phone and press *77|
|Turn Off Anonymous Call Rejection||Pick up the phone and press *87|
- Anonymous Call Rejection stays on until you turn it off.
- If a call comes in from a private number on your Personalized Ring or Selective Call Forwarding list, the call will be accepted.
- Anonymous Call Rejection does not intercept calls that display as Unknown or Out-of-Area on the Caller ID. These designations usually mean that the call originated in an area in which Caller ID is not available.
- Anonymous Call Rejection does not block Operator Assisted incoming calls.
- Caller ID is required in some areas.