This article provides information regarding local calling areas for AT&T California customers.Note:
Local calling areas are subject to change and are described in the applicable California Service Publications
For California, local calling areas includes Zone Usage Measurement (ZUM) Zones 1, 2 (Local), and Zone 3. Charges for ZUM Zone 3 calls may exceed Zones 1 and 2. The charge for calls in your local calling area depends on your particular plan. For Flat Rate Service, calls in Zones 1 and 2 are included in your monthly rate; calls to Zone 3 cost extra. For Measured Rate Service, calls are timed and chargeable in all three zones.
Calls made outside of your local calling area, but not far enough away to be billed as long distance, are called Local Toll calls. These calls are carried and billed by your Local Toll carrier of choice. Local Toll rates vary depending on the distance between the call locations and your Local Toll calling plan. How to look up an area code
- Open the California local calling areas tool.
- Enter the area code and the first 3 digits (prefix) of your telephone number.
- Select Submit.
- Select on Exchange Name to display the area codes and prefixes for that exchange.
- Select each Exchange Name until you locate the area code and prefix for which you are looking.
- To start over, select Clear and repeat the process.
If the area code and prefix that you are looking for does not appear on any of the lists, please contact your service center at the telephone number on your bill. Note:
The area code tool may not work with all combinations of operating systems, software, and browsers. If you experience difficulty with the tool, contact us at the telephone number on your bill.