Requesting the transfer
If the current owner hasn’t requested the transfer yet and doesn’t have an Unlimited Your WaySM
or AT&T 4GBSM
- Go to att.com/tobr.
- Select Request a transfer from another person.
- Enter the requested info.
- Select Submit.
If they do have an Unlimited Your Way or AT&T 4GB plan, they’ll have to go to a store
with the person accepting the transfer or call us
to make the transfer billing responsibility.Accepting the transfer
Have an Unlimited Your Way or AT&T 4GB plan? You’ll have to go to a store
with the person requesting the transfer or call us
to accept billing responsibility. Otherwise, follow the steps to accept the transfer request online.
- After the current owner requests the transfer, do one of the following within 14 business days. If you:
- Received an email with a link, open it and select Accept transfer.
- Didn’t get an email, go to att.com/tobr and select Accept a pending transfer.
- Enter the requested info and select Continue. If you're adding the transferred number(s) to an existing account, choose that account.
- Confirm or update the device info, and select Confirm device(s).
- Choose a plan, review the plan details, and select Continue. If the line:
- Has a current installment plan, accept this agreement for each line.
- Has a current accessory installment plan, its remaining balance must be paid.
- Review the credit check disclosure, enter the required info, and select Continue.
- Do one of the following. If you:
- Have to make an advance payment, enter your payment info, review the changes, and select Complete transfer.
- Don’t have to make an advance payment, just review the changes and select Complete transfer.