Before you cancel service
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- FamilyTalk®: If your account has 2 or more devices on a FamilyTalk plan and only 1 will be active, be sure to switch the active device to a current plan.
- Recent equipment upgrades: If you upgraded equipment within 14 days of your cancellation request:
- In a store: Make sure to return the equipment to the point of sale. See our AT&T Wireless Return Policy1 for more info.
- Online: Placed your order online and picked it up in a store? Be sure to return it to an AT&T-owned store so we can waive the restocking fee. Keep in mind, the fee waiver is subject to change.
- Installment plans: You may be able to keep your device or accessory without making any additional monthly installment payments if you entered into the installment plan before receiving your deployment orders and you are outside the 14-day buyer’s remorse return period.
- Rollovers: Rollover Data® and Rollover Minutes® expire as soon as we cancel your wireless service.
- Partial-month charges: If you cancel your service in the middle of a bill period, we’ll prorate your bill. You only pay for the days you had the service—not the full month.
- Automatic payments: AutoPay automatically ends 90 days after your final bill is paid.
Cancellation by fax or mail
To cancel your service by fax or mail, we’ll need the following info:
- Account name (as it appears on the bill)
- Account number
- Phone numbers you want to cancel
- Date to cancel the lines
- Full name of the service member being deployed
- Deployment date
- The option you're choosing (cancel or cancel and hold)
- Deployment orders
|Contact options for cancellation|
|Online||Use our online form to submit your request. We’ll ask for the required info and provide a place to upload your deployment orders. |
Submit an online military cancel request
|Fax||847.513.5954 (long-distance charges may apply)|
|Mailing address||Attn: Military|
8089 South Avenue
Boardman, OH 44512