AT&T is not the source of – and cannot control – malware. However, we take your security and privacy very seriously. We recommend the following tips and tools to protect against malware:
- Be careful when clicking on links in emails and text messages.
- Install, use, and regularly update anti-virus and anti-spyware software.
- Make sure your operating system (OS) has all the latest security updates.
- Check online accounts for unauthorized activity.
- Review trusted online sources for information on protecting your computer.
AT&T Internet and DSL customers can help protect themselves and their computers with the AT&T Internet Security Suite powered by McAfee®
. This suite is free to qualified customers. It includes anti-virus, anti-spyware, and firewall protection so that you can surf, search, and transact online with confidence.Mobile security
The AT&T Mobile Security app for Android scans your mobile device and all apps for malware. It looks for Trojans, worms, spyware, and other suspicious software. Mobile Security scans on demand and when app installation occurs. If you select Monitor File Settings, Mobile Security also actively monitors your files. Learn how to get AT&T Mobile Security & Call Protect