You can fix many common internet issues by rebooting your Wi-Fi®
gateway. Here’s how:
- Unplug the power cord from the back of your gateway or modem. If you have:
- An internal battery backup, remove it.
- DSL service, also unplug your telephone cord from your modem or gateway.
- Wait 20 seconds.
- Put the internal battery back in, if applicable.
- Plug the power cord back in. If you have DSL service, reconnect the telephone cord too.
- Wait up to 10 minutes for the gateway or modem to reboot and your Broadband light to turn solid green.
Sometimes widespread issues affect entire areas. Find out if there’s an outage affecting your service.Check for outages
Having trouble checking your email online or surfing your favorite web pages? We can help. Have your user ID and password handy.Fix slow browse issues
Gateway status lights
Your status lights provide valuable info about your internet status. Learn what your lights mean
Whether you have a new device or are looking for your Wi-Fi®
info, we can help:
Issues with other services
Streaming AT&T TV or another video service? Listening to your favorite tunes? Each connected device in your home uses some of your internet and can affect your speeds.Optimize your connection