With data usage notifications, we’ll alert you when you’ve gone over your data limit and will be charged for overages:
- In the first bill period that you go over your monthly data limit, you’ll get a notice, but we won’t charge you.
- In the second bill period that you go over, you’lll get notices when you use 65%, 90%, and 100% of your limit, but we won’t charge you.
- Starting with the third bill period that you go over, you’ll again get notices when you use 65%, 90%, and 100% of your limit. Once you go over, we’ll automatically add more data in 50GB increments at a cost of $10 per 50GB. The most we’ll charge for overages* in a bill period is $100 for AT&T Internet or $200 for DSL and Fixed Wireless Internet.
We’ll send data usage notices to the primary email address you set up when you signed up for service. You can find your primary email address at Account overview
> My Internet
> Manage my plan
> Plan details
> My email addresses
If we don’t have your email address or can’t reach you by email, we’ll send you a letter by U.S. mail.*Can I get my late fees or data overage charges waived if I am impacted by COVID-19?
We know that many people are experiencing economic hardships as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.
AT&T is keeping you connected 24/7. As part of this effort, we’ll waive:
- late payment fees for wireless, home phone or broadband residential customers
- domestic wireless plan overage charges for data, voice or text for residential wireless customers
The waiver applies to these fees or charges you may incur between March 13, 2020, and May 13, 2020, due to economic hardship related to the coronavirus pandemic.
Have your user ID and password ready and click here to submit a waiver request
Please allow one to two billing cycles to see your credit, if applicable.