AT&T is not the source of – and can't control – malware. However, we take your security and privacy very seriously. We suggest the following tips and tools to protect against malware:
- Be careful when clicking on links in emails and text messages.
- Install, use, and regularly update anti-virus and anti-spyware software.
- Make sure your operating system (OS) has all the latest security updates.
- Check online accounts for unauthorized activity.
- Review trusted online sources for information on protecting your computer.
AT&T Internet and DSL customers can help protect themselves and their computers with AT&T AntiVirus Plus powered by McAfee
. It's free to qualified customers. It includes anti-virus, anti-spyware, and firewall protection so that you can surf, search, and transact online with confidence.
The AT&T ActiveArmor℠ mobile security app scans your mobile device and all apps for malware. It looks for Trojans, worms, spyware, and other suspicious software. Mobile Security scans on demand and when app installation occurs. If you select Monitor File Settings, the app also actively monitors your files. Learn how to get AT&T ActiveArmor Mobile security