If you don’t see any available payment dates after your due date in the calendar, then you aren’t eligible to schedule a payment arrangement. Also, your payment history may affect the payment methods you can use. Keep in mind that:
- When making a payment arrangement, you commit to pay with the selected payment method on the chosen date.
- Payments start to process at 12 a.m. ET on the scheduled payment date.
- Payment arrangements, or payments scheduled to post after your original bill due date, can’t be changed or canceled.
- If you use AutoPay, be sure to pause it for the current month. AutoPay will resume the next bill period.
- Late fees apply if you pay your bill after the due date.
- We charge a convenience fee if you call or chat with us to make or schedule a payment arrangement.
- You'll owe a reconnection fee if you don’t pay by the date you agreed to and we suspend your service.