You can hold or cancel service under the SCRA if you're:
- Going on active duty deployment
- Going to basic training, boot camp, full-time training, or annual training
- Attending a school designated as a service school by federal law or by the secretary of the related military department
- Transferring from base to base
- In the Reserves or National Guard and are called to active duty
- A service member or a dependent of a service member in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, Merchant Marines, Commission Corps of Public Health, Commission Corps of NOAA, National Guard, state military forces, or organized militia called into active service by a state governor
- Being transferred for 90 days or more (or the time period given by your state of residence)
- In good standing with your account and agree to pay the latest bill
- Deployed after your AT&T service contract began
- Listed as an active member of the U.S. military by the U.S. Department of Defense
You can look for more info on your rights on the National Guard website
or similar websites for your state.
Before you cancel service
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- FamilyTalk®: If your account has 2 or more devices on a FamilyTalk plan and only 1 will be active, be sure to switch the active device to a current plan.
- Recent equipment upgrades: If you upgraded equipment within 14 days of your cancellation request, be sure to return the equipment to the point of sale. See our AT&T Wireless Return Policy1 for more info.
- Online orders: If you placed your order online and picked it up in a store, be sure to return it to an AT&T-owned store so we can waive the restocking fee. Fee waiver is subject to change.
- Installment agreements: You may be able to keep your device or accessory without making any additional monthly payments.
- Rollovers: Rollover Data® and Rollover Minutes® expire as soon as we cancel your account.
- Partial-month charges: If your service is canceled in the middle of a bill period, we’ll prorate your bill. You only pay for the days you had the service—not the full month.
- Automatic payments: AutoPay automatically ends 90 days after your final bill is paid.
Canceling your service
To cancel your service, send all of the following info when you contact us:
- Account name (as it appears on the bill)
- Account number
- Phone numbers you want to cancel
- Date to cancel the lines
- Full name of the service member being deployed
- Deployment date
- The option you're choosing (cancel or cancel and hold)