Turn Find My iPhone on and off
To turn Find My iPhone on and off:
- From your Home screen, tap Settings > iCloud.
- If you’re asked to sign in, enter your Apple ID.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap Find My iPhone.
- Slide to turn Find My iPhone and Send Last Location on or off. Sign in with your Apple ID, if necessary.
Turn off Activation Lock
You must turn off Activation Lock before returning, exchanging, trading in, selling, or giving away your device:
- The best way to do this is to erase all content and settings from your device before handing it over.
- This will completely erase your device, turn off Find My iPhone, and remove the device from your Apple ID account.
- On your iOS device, go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
- Learn how to remove your personal information to sell or give away your device, even if you don't have it anymore.