Use AT&T Smart Wi-Fi features
From the AT&T Smart Wi-Fi app home screen, select:
- Enable or Disable under the Wi-Fi icon to turn on or off.
- Check Data to view cellular and Wi-Fi data usage.
- Seen Hotspots to view hotspot opportunities that were seen but not connected to this week.
- MY Spots to view and manage hotspots you've connected to before.
- Scan to display active and available Wi-Fi hotspots.
Connect to new Wi-Fi network
To scan for and connect to a new Wi-Fi network using the AT&T Smart Wi-Fi app:
- Enable Wi-Fi.
- Select Scan.
- Select a Wi-Fi network to connect.
- After successfully connecting, the Wi-Fi network will be added to My Spots.
- You’ll auto-connect to this Wi-Fi network in the future.
Manage Wi-Fi auto-connections
To view and change your settings for Wi-Fi hotspot auto-connections:
- View your current settings under Auto-connect Wi-Fi Hotspot Setting.
- To change your settings, select Tips.
- Use the slider bar to select the desired option.
Enable Battery Saver
To maximize power performance and extend battery life while using Wi-Fi:
- Select the Menu icon (upper-right corner).
- Select Options.
- Slide the bar to select Battery Saver.
Remove Wi-Fi network from My Spots
To prevent auto-connecting to a network, remove it from My Spots:
- Select MY Spots.
- Tap a Wi-Fi network to select.
- Select Remove.
- Select Remove again to confirm.