Physical SIM cards
Be aware that:
- We ship most new devices with the SIM card inserted in your device and activated.
- Make sure to use the SIM card that came with your new device or order a new one. If you use another SIM card, you may not be able to use some features of your new phone.
If the SIM card’s not in your device, go ahead and insert it. Not sure how? Go to Device Support
, and choose your device. Then in the Get started
section, look for Insert SIM
and follow the steps.eSIM cards
Good to know: If you’re transferring a dual-SIM device to AT&T, an eSIM won’t transfer. Have an AT&T PREPAID plan? Contact us
to activate your eSIM.
For AT&T Wireless, make sure the eSIM is on an active plan, then download it over Wi-Fi®
- Go to your device settings.
- Tap one of the following (what you see depends on your device):
- AT&T Cellular Plan Ready to be Installed, then Continue
- Cellular, then Add Cellular Plan
Have a QR code printed on an AT&T eSIM card? Follow these steps