To create a new voicemail password for your AT&T PREPAID or Wireless Home Phone, ensure you are in an AT&T PREPAID coverage area
. If you were given a temporary password, don’t use it while creating a new password. Ensure you use your AT&T PREPAID or Wireless Home Phone that had the voicemail reset.
- Access your voicemail by selecting and holding 1 from the call screen.
- Follow the prompts to create a new 7-15 digit voicemail password.
- If you called the voicemail system, press the # key and hang up.
- Turn your wireless device off and back on.
- Attempt to access your voicemail again.
If you're unable to access Visual Voicemail, try calling your voicemail box by selecting and holding 1
from the call screen. Verify wireless coverage
To verify that you have enough signal strength to connect to voicemail, view wireless coverage maps
- Visual Voicemail requires a wireless cellular data connection.
- Some smartphones require a 4G LTE data connection in order to access and manage Visual Voicemail.