Activate AT&T Messages Backup & Sync on a smartphone
On supported smartphones, the messaging app also includes AT&T Messages Backup & Sync. When you first open the messaging app on a supported smartphone, you’ll get the option to use AT&T Messages Backup & Sync.
You can also opt in anytime from the messaging app. Simply select Settings
, then AT&T Messages Backup & Sync
.Get bill info for messaging and data usage
There’s no monthly recurring charge to use AT&T Messages Backup & Sync:
- Your messaging plan rates apply for all messages you send and receive. There’s no extra per-message charge for message backup.
- If you opt in, we’ll automatically copy all messages you send or receive to the cloud at no extra cost.
Data charges may apply when you sync your messages to the cloud, including:
- The first time you sync messages between your smartphone and the cloud
- Ongoing syncing of read and delete status between your phone and the cloud
- When messages are delivered to your smartphone from a tablet
You won’t incur data charges for messages synced while you’re connected to Wi-Fi.Connect internationally with AT&T Messages Backup & Sync
You can use AT&T Messages Backup & Sync when you travel abroad. International message and data plan rates apply. Go to att.com/global
to learn more about international options.