to do a warranty device exchange if it’s under warranty. (Doesn’t include tablets, wearables, devices replaced by Apple, or Google, Motorola, Microsoft, and Apple devices purchased as new). Be sure to call us from a device that isn’t the one giving you problems.When you call us
Once you get your replacement device
- For devices purchased as new, we'll make the warranty device exchange on behalf of the device manufacturer. Check your device manual or contact the manufacturer for warranty info. Your replacement device will be similar or better. It can take up to six business days to arrive.
- For AT&T Certified Pre-Owned or AT&T Certified Restore devices, we'll send you a similar or better replacement device. It can take up to six business days to get it.
- For AT&T PREPAID exchanges, we’ll charge your credit or debit card for the full replacement value of the device. You’ll get that amount credited back when you send us your defective device.
Find out how to return your defective deviceWhen we get your return package
- You get either a 90-day warranty or the rest of your original device warranty, whichever is greater. Not sure which one is greater? Contact us
- You have 10 days to return your defective device. Your replacement package includes return shipping materials.
- If you don't return the defective device in time and you have
- AT&T Wireless: We'll bill you the full replacement value for the device.
- AT&T PREPAID: We won’t credit your card for the return.
- We’ll check your device for warranty eligibility. If the device has liquid or physical damage, we’ll bill you the full replacement value for the device.
- For AT&T PREPAID, if it qualifies for an exchange, we’ll credit your credit or debit card the full replacement value for the device. It can take us up to two weeks to credit your card after we receive your device.