Contact us to do a warranty device exchange, if it's under warranty. (This doesn't include tablets; wearables; devices replaced by Apple, Google®, Motorola®, or Microsoft®; and Apple devices bought as new). Call us from a device that isn't the one giving you problems.
When you call us
- For devices bought as new, we'll make the warranty device exchange on behalf of the manufacturer. Check your device manual or contact the manufacturer for warranty info. Your replacement device will be similar or better. It can take up to six business days to arrive.
- For AT&T Certified Pre-Owned or AT&T Certified Restore devices, we'll send you a similar or better replacement device. It can take up to six business days to arrive.
- For AT&T Prepaid exchanges, we’ll charge your credit or debit card for the full replacement value of the device. You'll get that amount credited back when you send us your defective device.
Once you get your replacement device
- You get either a 90-day warranty or the rest of your original device warranty, whichever is greater. Not sure which one is greater? Contact us
- You have 30 days to return your defective device. Your replacement device package includes return shipping materials.
- If you don't return the defective device in time and you have:
- AT&T WirelessSM: We'll bill you the full replacement value for the device.
- AT&T Prepaid: We won't credit your card for the return.
Find out how to return your defective device
When we get your return package
- We'll check your device for warranty eligibility. If the device has liquid or physical damage, we'll bill you the full replacement value for the device.
- For an AT&T Prepaid device, if it qualifies for an exchange, we'll credit the full replacement value to your debit or credit card. It can take up to two weeks to credit your card after we receive your device.