With NumberSync for compatible Apple®
, you can sync up to five
Apple devices with your iPhone®
number. Then, you can make and receive calls on each of those devices. For example, if you sync an iPad®
, you can place or receive calls from it, even if your iPhone is turned off or is in another location.
To work correctly, your synced device must have access to the internet. This can be over wired or Wi-Fi®
connections, or your mobile network.
To get started with NumberSync, make sure you have:
- A personal wireless account (AT&T PREPAID accounts aren’t eligible).
- A compatible iPhone with an AT&T Wi-Fi Calling-enabled iPhone 6 series or later running iOS 9.3 or greater.
- A compatible secondary Apple device, like an iPad or Mac.
- The most current carrier settings on your iPhone. Go to Settings and tap General, then About. If there’s an available update, you’ll be prompted to download and install it.
- Your iPhone and secondary device signed in to iCloud® with the same Apple ID. After this, your iPhone won’t have to be powered on to make a call from the synced device.
- FaceTime® enabled on your iPhone and secondary device. They must both use the same Apple ID as your iCloud sign-in.
- FaceTime Caller ID on the secondary device set to the same mobile phone number as your iPhone.
Compatible secondary devices
Ready to check it out? Try one of these Apple devices to sync with your iPhone number:
- iPads (iOS 9.0 or later; 9.2 recommended) - iPad Air®, iPad Air 2, iPad MiniTM, iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini 3, iPad Mini 4, iPad ProTM, and iPad 4
- iPods (iOS 9.0 or later; 9.2 recommended) - fifth-generation iPod® and iPod touch® (2015)
- Apple Watch2 – watchOS 2.0 or greater (non-cellular)
- Mac - computer running OSX El Capitan or later
Service limitations and teletypewriter (TTY) limitations for 911 calls apply.1
911 calls will drop if the Wi-Fi connection is lost.