You can trade in your smartphone and upgrade to a new one after paying off a certain percentage of your smartphone’s price. This means that for:
- AT&T Installment Plan with Next Up1, it’s 50% with an active AT&T Next Up option
- AT&T Next Every Year1, it’s 50%
- The AT&T Next®1 it's 80%
Keep in mind, other turn-in restrictions apply. Pay to upgrade or pay off installment
- Upgrade faster by paying the required percentage on your smartphone upfront. Keep in mind, you’ll have to trade your current smartphone in, or start the trade-in process online, before you can upgrade.
- Pay off installment balance anytime to keep your old smartphone and buy a new one.
If your account is past due or suspended for nonpayment, you may not be able to trade in or upgrade your device. Compare prices online
- Go to Shop smartphones.
- Look for Filter & sort and choose a smartphone..
- Compare the price for the smartphone on the different installment plan options.
See all important details