- Trade-in eligible: You can trade in your smartphone and upgrade to a new one after paying off a certain percentage of your smartphone’s price. This means that for:
- AT&T Installment Plan with Next Up1, it’s 50% with an active AT&T Next Up option
- AT&T Next Every Year1, it’s 50%
- The AT&T Next®1 it's 80%
- Heads up: Other trade-in restrictions apply. Prepay to upgrade: You can upgrade faster by paying the required percentage on your smartphone upfront. Keep in mind, you’ll have to trade your current smartphone in, or start the trade-in process online, before you can upgrade.
- Pay off installment: You can pay off your full installment balance anytime to keep your old smartphone and buy a new one.
If your account is past due or suspended for nonpayment, you may not be able to trade in or upgrade your device.