Automatic fraud blocking2
Detects and blocks potential fraud calls before they reach you. You can view a list of blocked calls in the app.
Good to know:
Call Protect is compatible with NumberSync or Wi-Fi Calling. However, it will only work on the primary smartphone number if it’s synced with a device.Unknown callers
Send all callers who aren’t saved in your contact list directly to voicemail. You’ll have to upload your contact list to use this feature.
Numbers or categories you chose to block will also remain blocked. These numbers may include emergency responders that aren’t stored in your contact list.
Good to know:
Spam call warnings and blocking
- You must have an active mailbox for this feature to work.
- The app updates all changes you make to your contact list every 24 hours for Android devices and whenever you open the app on iOS® devices.
- When you turn off this feature by setting it to Allow, we’ll remove your contact list from the cloud within 48 hours.
We’ll send all calls flagged as a Spam Risk3
to voicemail or block them, based on your selection. All other nuisance calls (private, account services, telemarketers, surveys, or nonprofit) will ring through with a warning if you don’t have a subscription to AT&T Call Protect Plus.Personal block list4
To block any number, choose from your Call Protect call log, your contacts, or by typing it in. You can see your list of blocked numbers in the app anytime.Good to know:
SIRI shortcuts (iOS only)
- We automatically block potential fraud calls, unless you choose to allow them. When private callers hide their numbers and the app flags the calls as fraud or spam, we’ll display them as 000-000-0000 on the caller ID.
- If your phone has a block list feature, the numbers you block in the AT&T Call Protect app won’t show on that list and vice versa.
Enable SIRI shortcuts to block and report calls using voice commands.Report calls
Report any number that appears on your Call Protect Call log list as an unwanted call. You can also use this feature to let us know when we flagged a call incorrectly.See all important details