You can keep sending and receiving text and picture messages from your Android tablet with the AT&T Messages for Tablet app. And you can still access older AT&T messages in the tablet app. We’ll also back up your messages in the cloud for up to 90 days.
What to know if you're new to AT&T Messages
First, be sure you:
- Activate your messaging service on a supported smartphone.
- Opt in to use AT&T Messages Backup & Sync when you first open the messaging app. (You can also opt in at any time from the messaging app by selecting Settings and then AT&T Messages Backup & Sync.)
- Have a wireless account with text messaging enabled.
Once you have messages on your smartphone, you can use your tablet app to send and receive messages.
- Make sure your tablet has Android® OS version 4.4 or higher installed.
- Download and install the AT&T Messages for Tablet app from Google Play on your tablet.
- Sign in with your user ID.