If you’ve upgraded to a new iPhone, make sure to complete the activation process before syncing it to your Apple Watch Series 3 or Series 4.
Good to know:
- Go to the Watch app on your iPhone and follow the prompts to start pairing.
- Select Set up Cellular. Syncing to another iPhone with a different mobile number? Select OK when you see a message asking if you want to sync with another phone. (If you upgraded to a new iPhone you won’t see this message.)
- Enter the Emergency 911 address. This is the address where you’ll use the watch most often.
- Make sure to check the box and read the Important Information for NumberSync on the 911 screen.
- Select Ok on the Sync requested screen when you see a message that NumberSync should be available shortly.
- Follow the prompts to finish setting up your watch.
When you place a 911 call using your watch, the call goes over the mobile network when possible. If a mobile network isn’t available, emergency services use device location data from nearby Wi-Fi networks to locate you. If that data isn’t available, they’ll come to the address you provide. See all important details