Personal device requirements
- Is an AT&T phone or device and isn’t active on another AT&T account.
- Has a paid-off installment plan.
- Paid through your monthly bill: Submit your unlock request at the start of your next bill cycle.
- Paid off early: The wireless number assigned to the device must be active for at least 60 days. Wait 48 hours after you make your final payment to submit your unlock request. Learn how pay off your installment plan.
- Doesn’t have a past-due account balance. Make a payment to bring your account current. It will take 24 hours for your payment to post.
- Hasn’t been reported as lost, stolen, or involved with fraud.
- Is an AT&T PREPAIDSM phone that has had paid service for at least 6 months.
Being deployed for active duty? You don’t have to complete your installment plan or contract to be eligible to unlock. Make sure you select Yes
when we ask if you’re deployed military.
Business device requirements
Good to know:
- Has permission from the company to be unlocked
- Has a completed contract or term agreement, if applicable
- Requires a 30-day waiting period to unlock if it was on a 2-year contract that was upgraded early
and wearables are unlocked, so you don’t need to submit an unlock request for them.