How can I get Secure Family?
Since you already have AT&T Smart Limits®
, we’ll let you know when you can download the AT&T Secure FamilyTM
app. Look for the new icon:
Will I get new features when Smart Limits changes to Secure Family?
Yes, we listened to your feedback and think you’re going to love the new features:
- Location tracking - Locate a family member on an interactive map.
- Arrival & departure alerts – Get an alert when your child enters or leaves a location like home or school.
- Schedule alerts - Get a location update for your child at scheduled times of day.
- Location history – View your family’s daily travels in their location history.
- Pause internet - Minimize your child’s distractions (time for homework, time for bed).
- Filter & block content - Filter or block apps and online content based on age-appropriate settings.
- Child’s activity - Check recently viewed apps and websites.
- Time limits - Set a schedule to limit your child’s internet access.
- App purchase block - Prevent purchases from the App Store or Google Play.
- AT&T Secure Family CompanionTM app - Download the required app to the device you want to monitor.
Will I lose any Smart Limits features?
Yes, we’re eliminating some Smart Limits features that aren’t used much anymore:
- Call blocking (you can use the free AT&T Call Protect app to block certain numbers).
- Reminders to use Wi-Fi®.
- Text limiting.
Can I continue to block data use with Secure Family?
Yes. Any data block settings you have in AT&T Smart Limits automatically carry over.
Will I have to pay more for Secure Family?
No. AT&T Secure FamilyTM
costs only $7.99 per month for parents to monitor up to 10 lines. That’s $2 less than it costs to monitor 10 lines on AT&T Smart Limits®
We’ll automatically update your subscription from Smart Limits to Secure Family and let you know when the change is made. It may take 3 bill periods to see the $7.99 monthly fee on your AT&T bill.
Can I use my Smart Limits user ID and password to sign in to Secure Family?
Yes, you’ll use the same ID and password.
What types of devices can Secure Family monitor?
It can locate and filter content on up to 10 lines or devices on your wireless account. Each device must have its own SIM card and 10-digit phone number. Compatible devices include Apple®
and tablets (iOS®
10 or higher) and Android smartphones and tablets (Android®
5.0 or higher).
Both the parent and child devices must be able to send and receive texts. That way they can receive Secure Family messages, such as the pairing invitation from the parent app to the child’s device.
Secure Family won’t work with feature phones.
What features come on the Secure Family Companion (child) app?
The companion app only works when it’s paired with the Secure Family app on the parent’s device. The child app includes:
- Call and text buttons so your child can quickly call or text an emergency contact.
- A blocked website or app screen on Android devices or a network connection error message on iOS devices. This lets your child know when they try to access blocked apps or web content.
- A map sharing your location with your child, if allowed.