Streaming video from the same source (like ESPN), at the same time, on two or more devices connected to the same mobile hot spot? We may have identified it as a single video.
This means we might have capped the speed on all streaming devices collectively to a maximum of 1.5Mbps. It also means that you may not be able to get standard-definition quality (about 480p) for video on your tethered devices.
Your older hotspot devices may be impacted, including:
Looking for a fix?
- An AT&T Wireless Internet device purchased before May 2019
- A mobile hotspot router purchased before October 2017
- A ZTE Mobley connected car device
- If your video buffers, stalls, or has poor picture quality, try streaming from a different source for each device. For example, stream from ESPN with one device and Hulu from another.
- You can also switch to a plan (like AT&T Unlimited ExtraSM or, if you have a business account, AT&T Business Unlimited Performance, that includes Stream Saver®. These plans will let you turn the speed cap on and off. Check out our current plans