- Sign in to your AT&T Personal Cloud account.
- Check to see if the AT&T Personal Cloud app is preloaded on your Android device. If it’s not, download it from App Store or Google Play.
On your old device
- Open the app, then tap Settings.
- Select the content types to back up.
- If you back up before transferring your content to your new device, wait until you see a backup complete message.
On your new device
- Open the app.
- Tap the menu (3 lines), then choose Settings.
- Choose Tools, then Content Restore.
- Tap the content category to restore.
- Have an iPhone? You can restore photos, videos, and contacts.
- Have an Android phone? You can restore photos, videos, contacts, music, documents, messages, and call logs.
- Select Restore.
Disable Hibernation Mode (Android only)
If your AT&T Personal Cloud app isn’t active for around 90 days, it goes into hibernation mode. Here’s how to turn off hibernation mode so you can back up your info.
Android 12 and higher
- Go to Settings and then Apps
- Select App Info and tap AT&T Cloud.
- Turn off Remove permissions if app is unused, Pause app activity if unused, or Remove permissions and free up space.
- Go to Settings and then App info.
- Select Permissions.
- Scroll and disable Remove permissions if app isn't used.
Android 10 and lower
- Go to Play app, then to Menu, and then Play Protect.
- Tap Permissions for Unused Apps.
- Disable Remove permissions if app isn't used.
See all important details