Today is a great day! Liberty Latin America
, Liberty Puerto Rico’s parent company, completed the acquisition of AT&T’s wireless and fixed operations in Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands (USVI). Officially, these operations and their customers are now part of the Liberty family.
We are very excited about the opportunities this integration presents for you. We are working closely with AT&T to ensure a seamless transition. You can be confident that you will continue to enjoy excellent wireless service with the fastest mobile network in Puerto Rico. Furthermore, you will continue to receive your invoice and make payments or replenish your account as usual; receive customer service through the same phone numbers and locations; and use your service as you do today.
The knowledge and experience of AT&T’s employees and management team, combined with our own, will ensure that we continue providing the best network and the best customer experience. Network quality, coverage and speed
The joint operations will result in the combination of the fastest wireless network with the fastest fixed network in our markets. Our commitment is to maintain the leadership and strength of the network, so that you continue to enjoy the best coverage and reliability of service.5G technology
Liberty will continue with the construction plan for 5G technology in Puerto Rico and the USVI that began with the launch of 5G in Puerto Rico in July 2020. 5G technology will certainly revolutionize wireless services, helping to enable many advantages and innovations.Excellent customer experience
- At Liberty, excellent customer experience is our highest priority. We will maintain the high level customer experience that you are used to, including multiple service channels and access to digital platforms. In addition, reaffirming our commitment to the Island, we will provide service from a call center owned by the company and located in Puerto Rico. Seamless network in the USA, Puerto Rico and USVI
- Liberty and AT&T have entered into an agreement through which Liberty’s customers will be able to use their mobile devices on AT&T’s owned and operated network in the U.S., just as you do today.Roaming benefits
- If you currently have roaming services in Mexico and Canada included in your plan, you will be able to continue enjoying your roaming services while traveling to these destinations similar to how you roam today. Likewise, you will be able to use your mobile service in more than 200 countries for a daily fee, as you currently do. Plans and rates
- Liberty will maintain current AT&T plans and the plans you have today. When new plans become available in the future, you will have the option to upgrade to a comparable or better plan. Liberty has always been known for offering the best value for your money, with a consistent, transparent and easy to understand invoice.FirstNet
- As part of the transaction, Liberty will support, among other services, AT&T’s FirstNet build in PR and USVI, ensuring that the nationwide wireless broadband network for first responders will continue uninterrupted.
We are confident that we are the right company to continue AT&T’s successful journey in Puerto Rico and the USVI. Liberty Latin America
, our parent company, headquartered in Denver, Colorado, has proven knowledge and experience in the mobile industry across Latin America and the Caribbean. Moreover, many of our leaders and team members across the entire organization have vast experience in wireless operations throughout the world, including Europe, the United States, Latin America, the Caribbean, and Puerto Rico.
We are excited for the future of the communications industry in Puerto Rico and the USVI. We trust this transition will be favorable for you and the markets, as it strengthens our commitment to our employees, our customers, and the communities we serve. We strive to contribute to the economies and businesses where we operate using local suppliers when it is possible.
Furthermore, we take our corporate social responsibility very seriously. Through the Liberty Foundation
, we look forward to strengthening our service programs in Puerto Rico and establishing ties with the communities in the USVI.
Welcome to the Liberty family!
Chief Executive Officer, Liberty Puerto Rico