- Make sure you send it back within 30 days to avoid being charged the balance on the device’s installment plan.
- Confirm it’s unlocked. Find out how to unlock the device you're returning
- Remove and don’t send the SIM card, memory card, or any accessories.
- Write down:
- The device’s IMEI info for its installment plan—to find it, press *#06# on the device
- The return materials authorization (RMA) number that we gave you when you called us—or, find the RMA printed on the prepaid shipping label
- Make these changes to your device. Otherwise, we won’t accept it unless it’s a device return for a deceased person.
- Turn off Find My iPhone on an Apple® device or Find My Mobile for Android®.
- Perform a factory reset to remove all personal info stored on the device.
- Fix a device with physical damage, like a cracked screen or missing buttons.
Keep your device if you made change its appearance, like color, decals, or different buttons.
Ready to return the device?
- Use the shipping materials we sent you, which may be the box your new device came in. Be sure to only ship one device per box.
- Drop the device off at the U.S. Post Office or at one of our company-branded stores.
- Only ship the device. Hold on to your power chords and accessories.
- Request a U.S. mail receipt.
- Write down your tracking number.
- Want more details? Check the return instructions in your box or shipping materials. If we sent you shipping materials and you’re missing a label, call us.
- Keep in mind, we can’t return devices once they've shipped.