Use the DIRECTV Tablet app on an iOS®
tablet to control your networked receivers. The app lets you interact directly with the DIRECTV guides and menus.
Register the app
- Allows an employee at your bar or restaurant to control multiple receivers from a single device.
- Removes the need to use remote controls to control the receivers.
- Allows you to view current and upcoming sports schedules.
- Lets you name your receivers so you can identify them quickly.
- Lets you group receivers and change multiple TVs at once. (Available only for Android at this time.)
- Go to directv.com/register to create a commercial login.
- In the Enter your last name field, enter your business name exactly as it appears on your DIRECTV account. Then enter your email address and create a password. You’ll use this information to activate the DIRECTV Tablet app.
: Make sure to enter the business name exactly as it appears on the DIRECTV account. If there’s an extra space, missing character, or misspelled name, you won’t be able to resister the app. For example, if you enter “Good Eating, LLC” when registering and the DIRECTV account doesn't include the comma in the name, the registration will not be accepted.Set up the app for iOS
Set up the app for Android
- Download the DIRECTV iPad app from the App Store.
- Sign in using the credentials established when you registered the app.
- When the app opens, select the gear icon in the upper left, select Account Settings and set the User Type to Business (the account may be set as Business by default).
- Download the DIRECTV For BUSINESS™ app from Google Play.
- Sign in using the credentials established when you registered.
- Requires Internet access and directv.com login. Internet connections may vary.
- Certain remote control functions require a standard DIRECTV remote.
- Apple® iPad® remote control functionality requires an Internet or Wi-Fi® connection and is limited to the range of the network.
- DIRECTV receivers and the tablet must be connected to the same network.
- The DIRECTV Tablet app is available only on certain Internet-connected receivers. It requires DIRECTV Plus HD DVR (models HR20, HR21, HR22, HR23, HR24), DIRECTV Plus DVR model R22, or DIRECTV HD receiver (models H21, H23, H24, H25) connected to the Internet.
for complete details. Remote connections may vary.