or your TV screen turned black, blue, or gray
These issues may be caused by a variety of things. To troubleshoot the issue, do the following.Check programming times
Verify your TV is set to the right input
- Press INFO on your remote.
- If you see a banner showing a program title and description at the top of the screen, check when the program airs on the programming schedule.
The program or event you want to watch may have already ended or has yet to begin. Or it may be blacked out in your area.
- Turn your TV and receiver off and back on.
- Make sure your TV is on and slowly go through the available inputs, pausing briefly at each until a DIRECTV picture appears. Use these remote-specific instructions:
- Genie Remote – Select and hold Enter on the remote for 3 seconds to access the TV Inputs. Select Enter to cycle through the inputs.
- Universal Remote – Select TV Input on the remote to access the TV Inputs. Select TV Input to cycle through the inputs.
If the DIRECTV remote currently operates the TV’s volume but does not change the input, the TV Input function may need to be enabled.Enable the TV Input function on your remote
- Slide the mode switch at the top of the remote to TV.
- Select and hold Mute and Select simultaneously until the green light by the mode switch flashes twice.
Note: If the green light does not flash twice, begin step 2 again before proceeding.
- Enter 9-6-0 on the remote’s keypad. The green light on the remote should flash twice again.
- Side the mode switch at the top of the remote back to DIRECTV.
If the DIRECTV remote is not compatible or not programmed, cycle through the inputs using the original TV remote, an alternate universal remote, or the buttons on the TV.
If you still don’t see a picture, reset your receiver.Reset your receiver
- Unplug your receiver’s power cord from the electrical outlet, wait 15 seconds, and plug it back in.
- Press the Power button on the front panel of your receiver. Wait for your receiver to reboot.
If you still see the message, call 888.388.4249