If your picture seems frozen or pixelated, it may be caused by one of the following situations:
- Severe weather, such as heavy rain or snow, can interfere with the signal, and cause your picture to freeze or pixelate.
- Obstructions such as tree limbs or buildings can block your satellite dish’s clear view of our satellite. Or excessive water may pool on the face of your dish and cause service interruptions.
To troubleshoot the issue, do the following.Reset your receiver
Clear the dish
- Unplug your receiver’s power cord from the electrical outlet, wait 15 seconds, and plug it back in.
- Press the Power button on the front panel of your receiver. Wait for your receiver to reboot.
- If there is excessive water buildup and your dish is easily accessible, wipe it off with a soft cloth.
Note: In colder climates where ice can build up on the dish, a dish heater or cover can aid in keeping it clear. For more information about dish weather protection, visit our website.
- If there are elements obstructing your dish’s clear view of the satellite, contact a professional to remove them, or call a DIRECTV installer at 888.388.4249 to relocate your dish.
- If your signal strength is lower than 70 (60 or lower on HD receivers), contact a professional installer to realign your dish or call us at 888-388-4249. Your system manual explains how to check your signal strength.
If you still have issues, call 888.388.4249