If you repeatedly receive the message Your sign-in session has expired
or automatically return to the sign-in screen after entering your User ID and password, you probably have a problem with browser cookies.
Your cookies may not work properly for a variety of reasons. We’ve listed the possible reasons and their solutions below. We recommend trying the solutions in order. They’re listed from easiest to fix to most difficult.Possible reasons and solutions for issues with cookies
- Reason: The date on your computer is set incorrectly. Cookies rely on dates, and if your computer has an incorrect date, your browser may not recognize your cookie.
Solution: Set the correct time and date on your computer.
- Reason: You’ve installed an application that includes virus and malware protection software. This software monitors cookies and can block them from being used.
Solution: Disable the monitoring application before signing in.
- Reason: Your email is set up behind a firewall that doesn't allow you to receive cookies. If you’re connecting from a business intranet, the firewall may limit cookie acceptance for security reasons.
Solution: Contact your System Administrator to see if this is the case.
- Reason: Your browser is not set to accept cookies. Most browsers provide an option to accept all cookies, show an alert before accepting a cookie, or not accept cookies at all. To use AT&T Mail, your browser must be set to accept all cookies without alerts.
Solution: In your browser settings, select the option to accept all cookies. Don't select the option that displays an alert before accepting cookies.
- Reason: Your browser's cookie files are corrupted and no longer support AT&T Mail.
Solution: Close all your browser's windows, and then delete the cookie files in your browser's directories. Usually, these files are called Cookies. Make sure that you select the proper files before deleting them.
- Reason: Your browser is corrupted. If the above suggestions haven't helped you to resolve the problem, your browser itself may be corrupted.
Solution: Try another browser on your computer. If other browsers don’t cause the problem, reinstall your current browser. You can download a new browser or an updated version of your present browser from the Internet.
Download the Firefox browser
Download the Internet Explorer browser