AT&T Call Protect1
uses the power of the AT&T network to:
- Block calls in the network from likely fraudsters.
- Alert you if a call is nuisance or suspected spam (in HD Voice coverage areas).
- Block numbers you specify (In-app feature).
- Your business users can manage their own calls using the AT&T Call Protect mobile app.
AT&T Call Protect features extend to block calls received on the primary smartphone number when:
- NumberSync is synced with a device.
- Using Wi-Fi Calling.
- On an AT&T Video Call.
AT&T Call Protect requirements
To use AT&T Call Protect your CRU users need:
- An HD Voice capable iOS or Android smartphone.
- A postpaid consumer or business AT&T wireless account provisioned with AT&T HD Voice.
- To be within AT&T HD Voice coverage area to receive spam call warnings.
To learn more and to download the app2
- Authorized Business users may login to their AT&T Premier account, and add either the AT&T Mobile Security & Call Protect Basic service, or the AT&T Mobile Security & Call Protect Plus service, for more information visit https://www.att.com/features/security-apps.html.
- Once the feature is active, your CRU users will receive a confirmation text message with a link to download the optional AT&T Call Protect app, and the account holder will receive a welcome email. Data rates may apply for app download and usage.
AT&T Call Protect features
AT&T Call Protect is a service providing the following features:
Personal Block List5
- Automatic Fraud Blocking3 Potential fraud calls are blocked before they reach your CRU users phone. Automatic fraud blocking works even when using Wi-Fi Calling and NumberSync. Call Protect will only function on the primary smartphone number when NumberSync is synced with a device.
- Spam Risk and Nuisance Call Warning4 alerts your CRU user on the incoming call screen when a call originates from a nuisance or suspected spam source. These sources could include telemarketers, politicians, debt collectors and more. Your CRU user can choose to reject or accept the call.
Note: Spam warning requires the device to be in an AT&T HD Voice coverage area. LTE (iOS) or Enhanced LTE (Android) must be toggled to On (your CRU users should refer to their device instructions for the location of this function).
Your CRU user can choose to block individual unwanted calls using the AT&T Call Protect app. Good to know:
Block a caller with AT&T Call Protect
- Potential fraud calls are automatically blocked, unless you choose to allow them via the app. When private callers hide their numbers and the app flags the calls as fraud or spam, we’ll display them as 000-000-0000 on the caller ID.
- If your phone has a block list feature, the numbers you block in the AT&T Call Protect app won’t show on that list and vice versa.
Your CRU user can manually block callers in the AT&T Call Protect app.5
If they don’t have the app, they can download it from the App Store
or Google Play Store
. Data rates may apply to app
download and usage.View your list of blocked calls
Your CRU user can view their list of blocked calls and the reason why they were blocked in the AT&T Call Protect app. AT&T Call Protect has stopped working
If your CRU user’s AT&T service is active but AT&T Call Protect stops working, ensure that:
- LTE on iOS is turned on.
- Enhanced LTE services on Android is turned on.
If you have disabled these services, AT&T Call Protect will not work and may have to be set up again.
LTE will be disabled automatically if you or your CRU moves the SIM to a device:
Customers with Cequint Caller Name ID on their Android device
- That is not compatible with AT&T HD Voice.
- Or does not have AT&T HD Voice enabled.
Features and services not compatible with HD Voice
- If you have Cequint Caller Name ID feature on your CRU user’s device it will override the AT&T Call Protect Spam Warnings. However, call blocking will continue in the network before ringing the device.
- If your CRU user receives an AT&T Call Protect warning from someone they know, and they don't want future calls to be labelled with Spam Warning; they can report this as Not Spam via the app (Report > Not Spam).
The following AT&T wireless services and features conflict with AT&T HD Voice and are not compatible with AT&T Call Protect.
- AT&T PREPAIDSM